Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup coconut water (I like the Harmless Harvest brand)
- 1 cup light coconut milk (the culinary kind, in a can)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter (made from coconut flesh; not coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 medjool dates *** be sure to remove the pits!
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 frozen bananas (in chunks)
- For garnish: 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- OPTIONAL: a scoop of your favorite protein powder
- OPTIONAL: a few ice cubes
Place ingredients into high speed blender, adding ice last.
Process until creamy and smooth. Pour into a glass and top with toasted almonds.
Serve immediately or store some in fridge for later. Salud!
Remember to tag me on Instagram if you try the recipe.