- 16 ounces of filtered water
- 2 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free)
- 2 tablespoons whole chia seed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (toast these first for deeper coconut flavor)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 a banana, frozen — for additional sweetness
- OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (no additives such as high fructose corn syrup)
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup of ice
Place ingredients into blender, adding frozen fruit and ice last.
Process until creamy and smooth.
Add water a quarter-cup at a time if you want a thinner consistency. Serve immediately or store some in fridge for later. Salud!
Remember to tag me on Instagram if you try the recipe.
I’d love to hear from you!