- 1 cup unsweetened almond or hemp milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons chia seed (whole)
- 1-2 medjool dates (for sweetness) — be sure to remove pits!
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (I do this the night before and keep it covered in the fridge until morning)
- 1 fresh banana (not frozen)
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- ½ cup fresh kumquats, peels and all! (if you can’t find kumquats, you can substitute 1 orange, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- OPTIONAL — 1 drop of *edible* orange essential oil. Make sure your essential oil is food-grade. In other words, if you got a little crazy at a friend's DOterra party, now's the time to break out your oils!
- OPTIONAL — 1 teaspoon schisandra powder
Place ingredients into blender, adding frozen fruit and ice last.
Process until creamy and smooth. Add water a quarter-cup at a time if you want a thinner consistency. Serve immediately or store some in fridge for later. Salud!