Makes about a dozen
- Special Equipment: you will need a food processor
- 1 cup medjool dates *be sure to remove all of the pits!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsalted and unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
Add the dates to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse briefly until the dates are chopped into small bits. Don't overprocess, or the dates will form a big, unwieldy ball.
Next, add the oats, cashews, and coconut. Pulse until combined.
Add the rest of the ingredients — with the exception of the cranberries — to the food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well incorporated, and the mixture starts to resemble raw cookie dough.
Then, turn the dough into a bowl and fold in the chopped cranberries.
Test the dough to see if you can form a small ball without the dough crumbling. If it crumbles, put the dough in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour. Chilling may not be necessary, though.
Once the dough is ready, use clean hands to roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 2 months.