- 4 bananas, cut into quarter sized pieces and frozen in a single layer (so they don't stick together)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (unsweetened cocoa powder)
- a splash of almond milk or coconut water
- 1/4 cup of vegan, allergy-free chocolate chips, such as Enjoy Life brand
- to garnish: coconut flakes, chopped nuts, blueberries, etc.
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place the frozen bananas, chocolate chips, and cacao powder into a high speed blender of food processor.
Start blending, pausing frequently to scrape down the sides. Alternatively, if your blender came with a tamper tool, you can use that while blending. If necessary, add a splash of nut milk or coconut water to get things going. You don't want to use too much liquid, though, because that could cause the mixture to melt too quickly.
Keep tamping and blending until the ingredients are blended into consistency similar to soft-serve ice cream.
Use a rubber spatula to transfer to a bowl, add toppings, and serve. Eat immediately — this yummy concoction melts quickly!
Check out the video as I make this recipe step-by-step on More Good Day Oregon…