Serves 2-3, depending on serving size.
- 1 cup coconut water (such as Harmless Harvest)
- 1 cup filtered water
- A few BIG handfuls of romaine lettuce
- A few BIG handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, rinsed and chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- the juice from half a lime
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 banana, frozen
- OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon green powder (such as moringa or ashitaba)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder (don't use if you're sensitive to caffeine)
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup of ice
Combine the coconut water, water, spinach, romaine in a blender and begin processing on low. Gradually move to higher speeds and blend until smooth. Blending the greens first will liquefy them, and create more space in the blender for the other ingredients.
Next, add the celery, cucumber, apple, and fresh mint. Lastly, add the banana, lime juice, green powder (or matcha), and ice (if using), and blend until smooth. Serve at once or refrigerate, covered, for up to 2½- 3 days. Salud!