- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed juice from key limes or regular limes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus 1 additional for the cashew cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/4 cup chia seed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup of water
- a pinch of salt
- Garnish with sliced kiwi or berries, if desired
Add the coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and matcha together in a blender. Process until blended.
Next, pour the mixture into a bowl. Whisk in the chia seeds, then let the mixture set for about 15 minutes. Whisk again, and then cover the bowl and put it into the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
In the meantime, prepare the cashew cream. Drain and rinse the cashews. Then add to a blender with a pinch of salt, and just enough water to cover the blender's blades. Add the maple syrup, and blend until the mixture is thick and creamy. Pour into a jar or bowl with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should keep for about 3 days.
To assemble, spoon some of the chia pudding into a small bowl or glass. Drizzle the cashew cream over the top and add sliced fruit, if using.
Do you want to eat a more plant based diet — but don’t want to go all in?
Get on the waitlist for my new program, Part-Time Vegan — launching summer 2021.