Makes about 1 cup.
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (I use a microplane)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey, depending on preference
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional; nice to use if you're dressing squash)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped (remove leaves from the woody stem)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Put the lemon juice, zest, shallot, Dijon mustard, honey, and nutmeg (if using) into a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
Slowly pour the olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking. Keep it to a thin stream so the dressing emulsifies properly. If you see the oil start to collect at the sides of the bowl, stop pouring oil and whisk until the oil is incorporated. Then, slowly start pouring the oil again, while whisking.
Whisk until all of the oil has been incorporated, then stir in the chopped thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Need some more ideas and recipes?
Just follow the link below, and you’ll get instant access to my How to Love Salad recipes: