- 1/4 cup coconut water or unsweetened hemp milk. Start with 1/4 cup and add liquid as needed.
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup shredded kale or spinach
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (easily found in natural grocers and tea shops, or online)
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite green/superfood powder (i.e., spirulina, chlorella, etc.)
- OPTIONAL: add 1/4 cup golden berries (you'll find them in the raw foods or dried fruit section of well stocked natural grocers)
- Garnishes of choice: fresh banana slices, berries, bee pollen, etc.
Add the fruit, kale (or spinach), and matcha powder to a high speed blender or a food processor. Add the golden berries and superfood/green powder, if using.
Add just enough liquid to get things going. You can even omit the liquid completely if you want a really thick consistency, similar to ice cream.
If using a blender: use the blender's tamper tool to push the ingredients towards the blades while blending on high. This can get kind of loud, but a high speed blender like the Vitamix can handle it.
If using a food processor, process the ingredients while occasionally pausing to scrape down the sides of the processor. Continue to blend until smooth, approximately 2-4 minutes.
Once the ingredients are blended into a thick, ice-cream like consistency, stop blending. Be sure not to overblend, or the mixture will become soupy (like a smoothie).
Use a spatula to scoop the mixture into a bowl. Garnish with your toppings, and enjoy. Eat asap — it melts quickly!