- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk (I recommend aMylk)
- 4 ounces hot water (just under boiling: 175-185 degrees F)
- 1 teaspoon culinary matcha powder (or splurge on the ceremonial grade matcha)
- 1 drop edible peppermint essential oil OR ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- A couple drops of liquid stevia (optional, for sweetness)
Warm the almond milk and coconut butter gently in a small pot. When warm, froth the mixture with a handheld frother.
Heat water, but not to boiling. For green tea, the ideal temperature for brewing is about 185 degrees F.
Add the matcha powder and peppermint oil (or extract) to a mug and add the hot water. Using a handheld frother, blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can use a metal whisk or bamboo matcha chasen to whisk the mixture.
Add the frothed milk to the mug and enjoy.
Do you need more support around healthy meal prep, nutrition tips and recipes?
Click here to join the waitlist for More Veggies Less Meat, my online membership.