- 1 1/2 cups of canned coconut milk (i.e., from the Asian foods section at the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- A few handfuls of baby spinach. Or about 3/4 cup of frozen spinach.
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (sometimes called coconut manna). This is the whole food, as opposed to just the oil. If you don't have it, though, you can certainly omit.
- 2 medjool dates *** remove the pits
- 2 drops EDIBLE peppermint essential oil (i.e. DOterra) - OR 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 frozen banana, in chunks
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs. For a sweeter version, you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips. Enjoy Life brand is dairy, soy and nut-free.
- Optional — 1/2 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder (i.e., Navitas Naturals brand)
- For garnish — mint leaves and some chopped dark chocolate
Place ingredients into blender — EXCEPT for the cacao nibs (or chocolate chips), adding frozen fruit and ice last.
Process until creamy and smooth. Add water a quarter-cup at a time if you want a thinner consistency.
Now, add the cacao nibs (or chocolate chips). Pulse the mixture (or blend briefly) until incorporated. Don't overblend — you still want to see flecks of chocolate throughout the smoothie.
Garnish with mint leaves and some chopped dark chocolate, if desired. Serve immediately or store some in fridge for later. Salud!