- 1 large piece of fresh ginger (4 inches) juiced, or 2 tablespoons bottled ginger juice (I use the Ginger People brand)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 cup filtered water, brought to just under a boil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Seedlip Spice 94 (non alcoholic distilled spirit)
- 1/2 ounce of the Gingered Honey mixture (see instructions below)
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- Sparkling water of choice (I'm loving Topo Chico these days)
- GARNISH: lime wheel
First, prepare the Gingered Honey. Stir together the honey and hot water until the honey has melted. Then, add the ginger juice and lemon juice, and stir. Pour mixture into a container with an airtight lid. It should keep in the fridge for about a week.
To prepare the Spiced Mule Mocktail: build the drink by adding the Seedlip, Gingered Honey mixture, and lime juice to a glass. Stir well, then fill the glass with ice cubes. Top the mixture with sparkling water, and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge. Give a toast, guilt-free, knowing you'll be hangover-free in the morning.