- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (regular, not extra-virgin) or coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (use 1/2 teaspoon+ for more heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the nuts and seeds into a mixing bowl. Add the oil, cayenne, chili powder, cumin, and salt to coat.
Transfer onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven, stirring and tossing often, until golden brown, 5–10 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Watch it disappear — people love this stuff!
This recipe is from my Healthier Holidays recipe sampler. For more recipes, just click on the link below. The PDF includes recipes for:
1. Ginger Pear Smoothie
2. Kale Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
3. Spicy Coconut Ginger Soup with Greens
4. Spicy Seed Mix
5. Golden Milk “Latte” with Turmeric and Ginger