Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can of garbanzo beans; drain the beans and reserve the liquid
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini (look for it in the nut butters section at the store)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (1 for mild/medium heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt; add more to taste
- Garnish: a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, toasted pine nuts, some smoked paprika, and chopped parsley
Add all of the ingredients, except for the reserved bean liquid, into the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse/process until the mixture starts getting creamy. Next, drizzle in the reserved liquid a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Depending on your preference, you can keep this kind of rustic and chunky — or add more liquid for a smooth, creamy consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to a serving bowl and smooth the top with a spatula. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, as well as some smoked paprika, chopped parsley, and some toasted pine nuts.