- 4 heaping cups cubed seedless watermelon — save a couple chunks, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced — reserve half
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions — reserve half for garnish
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped mint; reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (omit if you want an oil free recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 cup organic English cucumber, chopped
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Garnish: chopped tomato, sliced green onion, chopped mint, diced avocado, microgreens
First, chop your fruit and veggies. This will take a little time, but the recipe will be really quick once you have everything prepped.
To the blender container, add the watermelon, coconut water, tomatoes (reserve half for garnish), garlic, red onion, green onion (reserve half for garnish), jalapeño pepper, mint (save some for garnish), sherry vinegar, lime juice, and olive oil (if using). Give everything a blend, until smooth. Then, add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in the chopped cucumber and bell pepper. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight).
To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish with the reserved watermelon, tomatoes, green onion, and mint. Feel free to add some chopped avocado and microgreens as well.