Many, many salads
- 1 bottle of high quality aged balsamic vinegar (Fini is good quality vinegar that's readily available in natural and gourmet markets)
- 1 bottle of high-quality extra virgin olive oil, organic preferred
- salad greens
- fresh herbs: Italian parsley, cilantro, etc.
- flaky sea salt and pepper, to taste
- a handful of toasted nuts, chopped
Wash and spin salad greens. Place greens and herbs into a large bowl.
Drizzle greens lightly with the balsamic vinegar — several times around the bowl. Wondering about the oil? Don't worry — we'll do that in Step 4.
Toss gently with clean hands or salad tongs to make sure the leaves are coated equally.
Taste to see if you need more vinegar.
If not, add a light drizzle of olive oil and toss again until the leaves are coated equally. The key is to make sure the salad is lightly coated — not wet or drippy.
Garnish with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and chopped nuts, and serve.
Need more ideas for tasty salads? Sign up for my email newsletter and you’ll receive my How to Love Salad recipes mini-pack:
- Balsamic Sherry Vinaigrette
- Ranch Style Tahini Dressing
- Spiced Seed Mix
Just click on the button below!