Makes about 1 cup
- 2 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries. I like to use a 50/50 combination of blackberries and raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (use more or less, to taste)
- a big pinch of lemon zest OR 1 drop of edible lemon essential oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- IF YOU WANT TO GET FANCY: add a teaspoon of culinary rose water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
Heat a small saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add the mixed berries, honey, lemon zest (or edible essential oil), and lemon juice. Cook for about 5-8 minutes, until all of the berries are thawed and the sauce is starting to thicken. Stir occasionally, crushing the berries with the back of a spoon.
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the chia seeds. Stir well to combine and return the pan to low heat, cooking for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring occasionally. After a few minutes, the addition of the chia seeds will yield a thicker, more gelatinous mixture.
Let cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Enjoy on toast, or stir a spoonful or two into your oatmeal or favorite plant based yogurt. I love the Coyo brand — it tastes amazing with this jam!
Need some extra help with healthy meal planning? Check out my fun freebie, the Healthy Meal Prep Guide.
This free PDF is downloadable/printable and includes:
Shopping and meal prep strategies.
A blank meal planning template.
Sample meal plans.
Downloadable and printable shopping list.
Weekend prep session checklist.
Ready to download the guide? Great!