- 2 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 5 sprigs of fresh sage
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini, stirred well
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of filtered water, and more if needed for desired consistency
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup of chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup of Italian parsley (or mint), chopped
Preheat the oven 375℉ and line a pan with parchment paper.
Prepare the squash: rinse and dry the whole squash to remove any dirt, etc. Then, trim off the ends. Peel the skin off with a carrot peeler.
Then, holding the squash vertically on a cutting board, cut the squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
Place the squash onto the prepared pan and top with thyme, sage, and chickpeas. Drizzle everything with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until cooked through. The squash will be fork-tender, and golden brown along the edges.
For the dressing, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add 1 to 2 tbsp cold water to loosen the dressing. Then, stream in the olive oil while whisking. Keep whisking until everything is smooth and silky.
Drizzle the tahini dressing over the cooked squash, and garnish with pomegranate seeds, parsley, and pistachios.