Makes about a cup
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (preferably organic, no sugar, and no salt)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar or maple syrup
- a squirt of sriracha hot sauce (or 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes)
- 1/4 cup water. You may need to use additional water to reach desired consistency.
Warm the water in a kettle until it's hot, but not boiling.
Add all of the other ingredients to the blender, then add the hot water.
Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust to preference, adding more tamari for salty flavor, or sriracha for more spice, coconut nectar or maple syrup for more sweetness, etc.
If using in a noodle bowl, pour a small amount of the sauce into a large bowl. Add the cooked noodles and vegetables of choice (these can be steamed or raw). Toss gently with the sauce until the noodles and vegetables are lightly coated, adding in more sauce if needed. Divide into individual bowls, and serve with peanut sauce on the side.
Please tag me on Instagram if you try the recipe.
I love seeing your kitchen creations!