- 2 cups of your favorite unsweetened plant milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened sweet potato puree (canned or homemade mashed sweet potato)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup (i.e., doesn't include additional sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 banana, frozen and in chunks for easier blending
- 1 cup of ice
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: freshly ground nutmeg and chopped pecans
Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender, adding the frozen banana and ice last. Blend until smooth and creamy, using the blender tamping tool if necessary.
Pour into two glasses and serve. Grate a bit of nutmeg over the top, and garnish with chopped pecans (if using). NOTE: I use a microplane to grate the nutmeg.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for the Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie.