- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- Dark leafies: choose from 2 cups frozen spinach or 1/3 bunch of kale (remove the stems)
- 1 heart of romaine, chopped
- Herbs: a large handful of fresh parsley (Italian or curly) or mint
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped (if using conventional, remove peel)
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite green powder (i.e. Vitamineral Green, spirulina, chlorella)
- Frozen fruit of choice: 2 cups of peaches or blueberries
- 1/2 banana (optional)
Add the water and ingredients to a high-speed blender — the frozen fruit should go in last.
Blend until smooth and serve.
This recipe comes courtesy of Camp Kale, my online nutrition and lifestyle coaching program.