About a cup.
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in filtered water for about 4 hours
- Enough filtered water to cover the cashews, about half a cup
- 1-3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- a pinch of sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- a pinch of orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- GARNISH — with toasted coconut and nuts of choice
Drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add to the blender, and pour in just enough water to cover the cashews, and to facilitate the blending process.
Then, add the maple syrup. Start with a tablespoon. You can always add more if desired.
Now, add the pinch of salt, vanilla, orange zest, and cardamom. Give everything a blend, until creamy and smooth.
Taste, and add more maple syrup if desired. Blend again.
Spoon some of the cream into a parfait glass or small jar. Top with a layer of berries, and then add a layer of the cream. Then, add another layer of berries. Garnish with chopped nuts, coconut, or toppings of choice, and serve. Store leftover cream in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
Want more recipes and healthy lifestyle tips? Sign up for my email list…