- “What foods do you recommend to help with iron deficiency?”
- “Can you go into GMOs… and what we should avoid?”
- “I'm curious about collagen supplements.”
If you've ever wondered about these topics, this episode is for you!
Let's take a sneak peek at this episode:
- [00:57] – What to do if you're running low on iron stores, plus the difference between the kinds of iron found in meat and plants.
- [3:39] – Quote from plant based RD, Matt Ruscigno (from this article) about how to get enough iron on a plant based diet.
- [4:49] – Plant based foods that are high in iron.
- [5:31] – Why you should combine iron rich foods with foods that are high in vitamin C.
- [7:05] – How coffee and tea potentially affect your iron absorption.
- [7:27] – Can you get iron from using a cast iron skillet?
- [8:38] – What are GMOs… and should we be concerned about eating them?
- [12:49] – What are the GMOs on the market in this country (and at the grocery store)?
- [15:51] – GMOs in processed foods (Source: Center for Nutrition Studies and Non GMO Project)
- [17:52] – What you should know about collagen supplements, including: do they work?
- [19:24] – What collagen products are made out of — and why this is important.
- [20:34] – Vegan collagen and plant based collagen boosting supplements.
- [21:22] – Foods that can boost collagen.
- [22:08] – More foods that can support skin healthy and vitality (Source: Allison Tannis' book, Feed Your Skin, Starve Your Wrinkles.)
- Also…. remember to grab your free copy of the How to Eat More Veggies Starter Kit.
Watch the video
Listen to the audio version
I hope this episode helps answer any burning questions you may have about plant based iron, GMOs or collagen supplements.
If you have a question for a future live chat, please connect with me over on Instagram at @mospo.
In the meantime, I hope you're feeling great, and getting plenty of healthy plant foods onto you plate.
Wishing you peace, love and broccoli,