I recently made a Detoxifying Coconut Miso Soup during one of my healthy eating segments on More Good Day Oregon. Click below to see me make this recipe step-by-step…
The Inspiration Behind Detoxifying Coconut Miso Soup
Let's face it.
It's not like you're never going to eat pizza again.
And it's not like I'm never going to eat a single french fry ever again.
Sure, we aim to eat a lot less of that stuff, and certainly less frequently. But sometimes pizza happens. And beer and wine. And salted caramel.
And it usually happens on a weekend, right?
Maybe you plan on taking one innocent little cheat day — or a cheat meal for that matter— and then the next thing you know, that little cheat snowballs into a lost weekend filled with unhealthy choices.
So what do we do after a lost weekend?
For starters, we nip things in the bud come Monday. We get centered and focused, and keep that lost weekend from becoming a lost week… or weeks… or months.
Here's one of my favorite practices for making healthier habits happen in the real world.
I like to call it Make-Good Monday. And the beauty of this practice is that you can make it happen any day of the week.
Basically, you want to:
- Wake up and meditate. Flood your week with (healthy) intention. The Headspace app is a great place to start.
- Get some exercise.
- Eat a healthy breakfast, and a satisfying salad for lunch.
- Eat a light, healthy dinner.
- Go to bed early enough so you can get 7+ hours of sleep.
So you might be wondering, “what should I make for dinner?”
You want something simple, because chances are you're feeling kind of burned out and low-energy after an indulgent weekend.
Something that can be made in one pot, because easy clean-up is appreciated on any day of the week.
That's where this Detoxifying Coconut Miso Soup comes in. It's dairy free, gluten free, plant-based, restorative — and most importantly, delicious!
But why take my word for it? Here's what my friend Christy had to say about it:
“I made your Miso soup yesterday! that is the BEST!!!!! and so easy! THX!”
What You'll Love About Coconut Miso Soup
This soup is so simple to prepare, and yet so satisfying. Here's why your body — and taste buds — will love this soup:
- Warming flavor from sautéed scallions
- Digestion and immune-system enhancing ginger
- Cancer-fighting (and delicious!) mushrooms
- Creamy coconut milk
- Miso paste for savory depth of flavor, and digestion-supporting probiotics
- Leafy greens for powerful antioxidants that fight cancer and disease
- Fresh cilantro for bright flavors and detoxifying properties
- Microgreens for high-octane superfood power
Coconut Miso Soup — Get the Recipe
Ready to get started? Yay! I'm excited for you to make and enjoy this soup.
Just click on the green box below for the recipe. And let me know how it goes — tag me at @mospo on Instagram. I'd love to hear from you!